He will be turning 48 this Monday. Time for a whole nation to shut down and party! e52 shares some of the best spots in town to celebrate the King’s birthday.
- Sell your stuff (or buy someone else’s). Once a year the streets of Eindhoven turn into a place for serious bargaining and haggling. The Vrijmarkt (literally free market) is a fun way to find anything from old school gadgets to second-hand clothes. Also plenty of pretty good food stalls. Places to go: PSV Laan (Mathildelaan), Wilhelminaplein, Stadswandelpark, De Bergen and Winkelcentrum Woensel. More info on the flea market
- Feel the Latin grooves. Since Argentinian Máxima married into the royal family a Latin party is not to be missed on King’s Day. From 10am till 10pm Clausplein is the place to be for salsa, bachata, world food and fun activities for kids. More info on Latin Party
- Dance like a diva. Kings and Queers party at Stratumsedijk with live performances of the best drag queens in town. More info on King’s and Queer’s Day
- Strijp-S – King-S. Lots of great music events on Strijp-S this year. No less than ten stages with anything from rock to dance. Great place also when it starts pouring (pretty big chance this year…) with several indoor performances. More info on Strijp-S – Kings-S
- Little princes and princesses. King’s Day offers plenty to do for kids. More info on children’s activities (in Dutch)
- Enjoy great street food. Food stalls are found everywhere on King’s Day. A hidden gem is Friet van Piet selling delicious home made French fries by Eindhoven based artist Piet Bergman. Find Piet at Ketelhuisplein on Strijp-S.
- Go techno. TECHN040 is back in Paterskerk this year with an (inter)national line up of DJ’s. More info on TECHN040
- Dance the night away. The biggest orange party in Eindhoven takes place at the former Philips Lightning area between PSV Laan en Lichtstraat. From 12am till 11pm. More info on Electric Orange
Foto credits © RVD; foto: Jeroen van der Meyde
Become a member!
On Innovation Origins you can read the latest news about the world of innovation every day. We want to keep it that way, but we can't do it alone! Are you enjoying our articles and would you like to support independent journalism? Become a member and read our stories guaranteed ad-free.