“To make the Netherlands the best ecosystem in Europe for starting, growing and internationalising businesses.”
With 13 new goals, StartupDelta has adopted its “Plan of Action 2017”. It will be the first full year without Neelie Kroes as ‘special envoy’. Prince Constantijn van Oranje has taken over her position since July. Overall vision still is to make the Netherlands the best ecosystem in Europe for startups and scale-ups, especially those that want to grow internationally.
The most important goals for 2017 are:
- Opening up capital funds to Dutch startups
- Ease the way for student-entrepreneurs
- Open up government procurement to startups
- Revamp the StartupDelta Portal to serve Dutch and foreign entrepreneurs in The Netherlands by providing access to all essential inputs for starting, building, scaling and exiting a business.
- Host trade missions to world leading startup hubs: Seoul, Shanghai/Hangzhou, Hong Kong, Silicon Valley, London, Paris, Berlin, Madrid.
- Initiate Startup missions to relevant events and fairs: CES, Hannover Messe.
- Organise StartupFest International 2017, connecting and boosting the Dutch startup ecosystem.
- Reduce time and red tape for foreign startups to establish themselves in NL
According to last year’s Global Startup Ecosystem, StartupDelta (Amsterdam – The Hague – Eindhoven) ranks #19 worldwide. Four European cities rank higher: London, Berlin, Paris and Moscow. The index is produced by ranking ecosystems along five major components: Performance, Funding, Talent, Market Reach, and Startup Experience.
For the new ecosystem list, which is composed in the next couple of years, StartupDelta and Brainport Region region ask as many local startups as possible to participate in the online survey. More info on the system of building the Startup Ecosystem here.
Become a member!
On Innovation Origins you can read the latest news about the world of innovation every day. We want to keep it that way, but we can't do it alone! Are you enjoying our articles and would you like to support independent journalism? Become a member and read our stories guaranteed ad-free.