“To make the Netherlands the best ecosystem in Europe for starting, growing and internationalising businesses.”
With 13 new goals, StartupDelta has adopted its “Plan of Action 2017”. It will be the first full year without Neelie Kroes as ‘special envoy’. Prince Constantijn van Oranje has taken over her position since July. Overall vision still is to make the Netherlands the best ecosystem in Europe for startups and scale-ups, especially those that want to grow internationally.
The most important goals for 2017 are:
- Opening up capital funds to Dutch startups
- Ease the way for student-entrepreneurs
- Open up government procurement to startups
- Revamp the StartupDelta Portal to serve Dutch and foreign entrepreneurs in The Netherlands by providing access to all essential inputs for starting, building, scaling and exiting a business.
- Host trade missions to world leading startup hubs: Seoul, Shanghai/Hangzhou, Hong Kong, Silicon Valley, London, Paris, Berlin, Madrid.
- Initiate Startup missions to relevant events and fairs: CES, Hannover Messe.
- Organise StartupFest International 2017, connecting and boosting the Dutch startup ecosystem.
- Reduce time and red tape for foreign startups to establish themselves in NL
Subscribe to our Newsletter!
According to last year’s Global Startup Ecosystem, StartupDelta (Amsterdam – The Hague – Eindhoven) ranks #19 worldwide. Four European cities rank higher: London, Berlin, Paris and Moscow. The index is produced by ranking ecosystems along five major components: Performance, Funding, Talent, Market Reach, and Startup Experience.
For the new ecosystem list, which is composed in the next couple of years, StartupDelta and Brainport Region region ask as many local startups as possible to participate in the online survey. More info on the system of building the Startup Ecosystem here.
Innovation Origins is an independent news platform that has an unconventional revenue model. We are sponsored by companies that support our mission: to spread the story of innovation. Read more.
At Innovation Origins, you can always read our articles for free. We want to keep it that way. Have you enjoyed our articles so much that you want support our mission? Then use the button below: